Vira Technologies MSC-116A is a multi port serial card with high performance serial I/O adapter to provide 16 16C950 UART compatible RS-232 serial ports. The MSC-116A card is fully PCI plug-and-play compatible and has no IRQ or I/O address conflict problems with the ISA bus.
With 2 external VHDCI-68-to 8x DB9M octopus cables the MSC-116A can provide 16 serial port expansion and only consume 1 PCI slot. The high performance serial interface is adapted by the complete software drivers to work in most of the major operating systems.
Moreover, the MSC-116A’s UART provides a FIFO size up to 16-bytes and an automated flow control l feature. The MSC-116A is the ideal multiport serial card to drastically increase the number of serial RS-232 ports available.
- Fully PCI Bus 2.3 and PCI Power Management 1.0 Compliant
- Supports 16 RS232 Serial Ports over One Single PCI Slot
- Fully 16C550 High performance UART channels
- °15kV IEC1000-4-2 ESD Protection for RS-232 I/O’s
- Supports both 3.3V and 5V PCI Slots
- Baud rate up to 921.6 Kbps in a asynchronous mode
- 16-byte deep FIFO per transmitter and receiver
- Automated in-band flow control using programmable Xon/Xoff in both directions
- Automated out-of-band flow control using CTS#RTS# and/or DSR#DTR#
- CD Drivers/Utilities
- Quick Start Guide
- 2 x VHDCI-68-to-(8 x DB9M) Cables