8-port RS-422/485 PCI Express Card, Oxford Single Chip Solution, (WHQL Certified)
The MSC-208C-SI 8-port RS232/422/485 to PCI Express Module Box is designed for your PC, workstation, thin client, or server to provide instant RS232/422/485 serial port expansion via the PCI Express bus. It supports applications that need combinations of RS232, RS422 and RS485 in one single PCIe slot.
PCI Express provides a scalable, high-speed, serial I/O bus that maintains backward compatibility with PCI applications and drivers. Its architecture defines a high-performance, point-to-point, scalable, serial bus at a speed of 250Mbytes/sec to 4GBytes/sec (and 8Gbytes/sec in the future).
The MSC-208C-SI is compatible with new and legacy RS232/422/485 devices. It is easy to install and use with its plug-and-play feature. It provides the scalability to quickly adapt to new serial technologies. The complete product line offers many choices to help you expand your network.
With the PCI Express Plug-and-Play feature and drivers, you can simply follow the instructions of the Install Wizard, then you are done. The terminal blocks enable you to easily install your wires for different devices. The MSC-208C-SI is an ideal solution for your expanding applications and will make your projects a big success.
- Full x1 PCI Express Throughput, 250Mbytes/sec
- Fully Compliant with PCI Express Base Specifications, Revision 1.1
- Supports 8 RS-232/422/485 Combo Serial Ports
- RS-232 Supports 3-wire Signals (TXD, RXD, GND)
- Supports 4-wire RS-422/485 and 2-wire RS-485 Modes
- 128-byte deep FIFO per transmitter and receivers
- Each Serial Port Supports 7-pin Lock-type Terminal Blocks
- Supports Low Profile Form Factor with Optional Low Profile Bracket
- Supports Baud Rate up to 921.6Kbps
- Isolated and 15KV ESD Surge Protection
- Module Box
- CD Drivers/Utilities
- Low Profile Bracket
- Quick Start Guide