Vira Technologies MSC-108A is a PCI-based serial expansion card. Providing parallel expansion by adding additional serial RS-232 ports to a network computer. This multiport serial card uses ultra-high performance 16C950 UARTS over the PCI slot.
The 16C950 UART within the MSC-108A serial card is the fastest available, PC-compatible chip set on the market. Transfer data rates of up to 15Mbps and 128-byte deep transmitter and receiver FIFOs. Deep FIFOs reduce the multi port serial cards CPU overhead, allowing high data rates.
Each UART channel is software compatible with the widely used UART 16C550 that is present in most serial cards
The MSC-108A is the perfect PCI serial card upgrade to support all UART-compatible devices on a changing desktop computer that requires RS232 communication. The MSC-108A multi port serial card will have two individual serial db9 connectors.
- 8 x 16C950 UART Serial Ports
- PCI 32-bit, PIO Mode with 133MB/S Bandwidth
- PCI IRQ Sharing Feature Eliminates IRQ Conflicts
- One DB62 Female Connector
- One DB62-to-8-DB9-Male cable for 8 Ports
- Works with all types of I/O peripherals: Modems, Plotters, PDAs, Digital Camera and others
- CD Drivers/Utilities
- Quick Start Guide
- 8 x DB-9 Male Cable (DB-62)